Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Google clipping the viewers ticket - disruptive scenario

Disruptive scenario - ie not business as usual.

Reading the notes from the interview with Clarke - and thinking why the AFR might not be accessible to crawl-bots. I would guess that it is because it is one of the few subscription sites on the web. Following on it would make sense for Fairfax to publish a site-map to Google and if people really want the article they will either pay-per-view or buy a subscription. Aside - I note that AFR took away the pay-per-view option.

Continuing, I would expect that Google is in a strong position as a content intermediary to broker pay-per-view. I am guessing that people would be more inclined to create an account with Google, on the expectation that they could use it in more places than just a single content provider.

Ouch - would like to put that thought back in its box. I'll get kicked off the web.

John

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: